Specialist Tuition and Interventions From Teaching Personnel - Raising Standards in Education

Home / About Us / Faqs

Frequently Asked Questions for Supply Staff and Schools


What does Teaching Personnel expect from supply staff?
For information about what Teaching Personnel expect from supply staff and some helpful hints for making working on supply a success, download our helpful hints
Where can I find a timesheet?
You can download a timesheet by clicking on one of the links below or alternatively you can contact your local branch for a back up supply of timesheets. Time Sheet in PDF format (500Kb)
Please remember: It is your responsibility to return timesheets to Teaching Personnel by the Monday of the week after you have worked to ensure payment. Do not rely on schools to do this for you. It is possible that the schools you work in through Teaching Personnel will be using our Online Timesheet Approval Service. If this is the case it is unlikely that you will need to get paper timesheets signed.
What do I need to apply?
To work for Teaching Personnel you must provide original documentation of the following:
Teacher Requirements
  • Hold a relevant degree level teaching qualification (or be in your final year of teacher training)
  • If Welsh trained, have full registration with the General Teaching Council Wales (or will be in the process of registered with the GTCW).
  • Have experience of classroom based teaching within the last 6 years
  • Have a valid visa to work in the UK or hold an EU Passport
  • Provide relevant proof of identification
  • Undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check
  • Provide us with original documents for verification of all the above
Support Staff Requirements
  • Have classroom based or carer experience within the last 2 years
  • Have a valid visa to work in the UK or hold an EU Passport
  • Provide relevant proof of identification
  • Undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check

Where documents are required, you will need to provide us with original documents for verification. These will only need to be supplied at the interview stage.

Register today!
All teachers registering for work in schools must also undergo a face-to-face interview before attending a school. Your interview will be arranged at your local office
Do I have to pay to register?
Registering with Teaching Personnel is free from charge. The only possible payment you will need to make is for a DBS check. The fee for this check is £44 and this fee is charged by the DBS. However, if you currently have a valid DBS Disclosure, we may be able to accept this without having to run a new check.
Register today!
I am in my final year of my teaching degree. Can I register as a supply teacher?
Yes you can. We regularly register final year students who are looking to earn some extra income before starting a full time position. We can also help final year students find their first teaching position. You can register your CV on our NQT CV Bank or, if you are looking for supply work you can register with your local branch.
How do I login to the personal details section on the website?
To access your personal details you must first be registered with Teaching Personnel. To login all you need is your date of birth and password. Your password will have been sent to you when you registered with us.
I don't know my teacher reference number. How do I find this?
To find your teacher reference number, please call us on 08456 744 844.
How do I login to my online school diary?
To access your school diary you must login using your School ID, password and postcode. If you don't know these details, please call us on 08456 744 844.
I don't know my school reference number. How do I find this?
To find your school reference number, please call us on 08456 744 844.
How do I view my school invoices online?
To access your school invoices you must login using your School ID, password and postcode. If you don't know these details, please call us on 08456 744 844.
How can I access your training courses?
Teaching Personnel provide access to a range of CPD courses. Please telephone us on 08456 744 844 to find out about the courses available at your local branch.
I was previously registered with you and want to re apply - what do I need to do?
If you have previously registered with Teaching Personnel we will simply need to activate your file and where necessary update your references and documentation. Please call us on 08456 744 844 for more details on re-activating your file.
How do I make a complaint?
Teaching Personnel endeavour to offer you the best customer service possible. If there is something you believe needs improving or would like to feedback on, please address your queries to:
Complaints Department
Head Office
99 Bridge Road East
Welwyn Garden City
Or email us on complaints@teachingpersonnel.com
We aim to respond to every complaint within 7 days.
What vetting checks do you complete on supply staff?
Teaching Personnel's vetting checks include:
  • In-depth face-to-face interviews
  • Criminal backgrounds check including DBS Enhanced Disclosures and Barred List
  • Identity checks
  • Health checks
  • Critical assessment of two most recent professional references
  • Qualifications check
  • GTCW Registration check
  • Permission to work in the UK check
Why does Teaching Personnel seek feedback on candidates from schools?
Obtaining feedback from schools on the performance of our supply staff is an important part of our service. We believe that the feedback obtained is extremely beneficial to all parties involved. From our point of view it helps us to better match candidates to each school for future assignments and where a candidate and school are well suited, that the candidate is prioritised for future bookings at the school.

Feedback is a very positive peace of communication. It can make our candidates feel extremely motivated and most importantly, recognised for their efforts and ability. We believe all feedback should be constructive and sensitively managed and we will always strive to ensure that feedback results in a positive outcome.
I have forgotten my login password; can you send it to me again?
If you are a school and require your password, please click here
If you are a registered candidate and require your password, please click here
How does the school invoicing process work?
Once we have received an approved timesheet for a booking, we will raise an invoice to your school. If you have any queries regarding invoicing, please email our finance department finance@teachingpersonnel.com
What type of supply staff can register?
Teaching Personnel are able to help source work for: fully qualified teachers, newly qualified teachers, final year teaching students, qualified and/or experienced teaching assistants, qualified nursery nurses, instructors and overseas trained teachers with UK comparable qualifications.

Pay Related queries

How often will I get paid?
As long as we have received a signed/approved timesheet for work completed, Teaching Personnel will process funds for payment on a weekly basis.
How much will I get paid?
Teachers / Support staff pay rates are based on experience, qualifications and the roles you undertake. On registration with Teaching Personnel we will take this in account and ensure you receive competitive rates of pay that you are entirely satisfied with.

Overseas Trained Teachers

I currently live overseas. How do I register?
As a person living overseas you can register for work on our international teacher website www.teachingintheuk.com. All teachers are required to attend a face-to-face interview with one of our consultants prior to working for Teaching Personnel, so we will need to arrange this with you when you arrive in the UK.
Can Teaching Personnel sponsor me for a work permit?
Teaching Personnel are a recruitment agency and are not entitled to provide work permits for overseas employees. To secure a work permit you will need to find a permanent position with a school direct.
How do I open a bank account?
In recent times it has become more difficult to open a bank account in a different country. You will certainly need to make sure you can provide banks with all of the information and documentation that they might need. You will most likely need: your passport, proof of your address in the UK (a utility bill) and a letter from your employer. Additionally it may help to have a letter of reference from your bank at home. If you do not have proof of address, get a confirmation letter from someone whose name is on the bills and take a letter with their name on it with you.
Can Teaching Personnel find me jobs abroad?
Teaching Personnel operate in England and Wales only. Unfortunately we are unable to locate teaching jobs abroad.
Can you find me a job in Scotland or Northern Ireland?
Teaching Personnel operates in England and Wales only.
Scroll To Top
Candidate Login

Login here to the Teaching Personnel Candidate Portal:
Candidate Login

School Login

Login here to the Teaching Personnel School Portal to View Vetting reports, sign timesheets and manage your bookings:
School Login

About Teaching Personnel
Teaching Personnel has provided tutors for over 800,000 staff days of tuition and intervention support.
Teaching Personnel can offer you tutoring work during the school day, at weekends and during school holiday periods.